Avoid unnecessary repairs with these easy to follow tips on keeping your washer and dryer in excellent condition.
1. Have your washer and dryer machines installed by a professional.
2. Read your machine's manual. The manufacturer's manual will provide maintenance and cleaning instructions to keep your machines operating properly.
3. Do not overload your unit. This may cause extensive and expensive damage to the machines. An overloaded dryer may cause longer drying times with the possibility of overheating.
4. Be careful with chemicals and other liquids. Avoid storing them near your washer and dryer unit. Corrosive chemicals can damage your machine and spilt liquids at the back of the machines are potential fire hazards.
5. Clean your washer and dryer after using. Prevent foul odors and mold build-up on your machine. Wash and dry removable parts such as detergent and fabric conditioner dispensers and other attachments. After draining the dirty water, remove the residue inside the machine with clean water, drain and air dry the drum by keeping the lid open for a few minutes. Wipe thoroughly doors and glass as well as the external body of your washer and dryer. In addition, fail not to remember to clean the lint filter.
Proper use and maintenance of your washer and dryer ensures longer lasting performance and efficiency.